With Horus CR Pro version, you can import information as the artwork’s title, accession numbers, material and techniques, dimensions…in .csv format.
1. Prepare the file
If you use a collection management software, you probably can export data in .csv. If you are using Excel, create a sheet with the artworks you want to examine.
👉🏽Copy and paste your columns in the template attached.
You can import:
- Information about the report: reporter name and function, contact details, objective of the report, report number.
- Artworks informations: title/dénomination, artist, date, accession n°, typologie, collection, material and techniques, Other (description, technical info), localisation, dimensions.
- A synthesis of the previous condition report in General comments (to be updated) and recommendations.
For dimensions, depending of your export, you will perhaps have to synconcatenate cells and clean up the punctuation marks.
Fill in the first 2 columns by hand and stretch them to repeat the content (You can include line breaks in cells).
On Excel: Save as “CSV UTF-08 (delimited by semicolons)“. On Numbers: Export under “CSV”
If you don’t have access to wifi, on Android, plug in your tablet and drag and drop your file into documents (Android) or into the Horus CR Pro, Numbers or Files folder (for IOS via ITunes).
You can also use airdrop (IOS), bluetooth, mail…
2. Import into Horus CR Pro
- Open the Horus CR Pro app
- Create a folder to save your import
- Click on the import ↓ button (to the right of the folder name to display the list of options) and find your file
- Open it, select the reports to import or check “select all” then ok.
Have a look on this short video! and contact us for any question!